Auction Technology Group Candidate Privacy Notice
ATG understands that your privacy is important to you. ATG may process your personal data in their capacity as recruiters. We are committed to respecting your privacy and protecting your personal data, which is any information that is capable of identifying you as an individual person.
This Recruitment Privacy Statement describes how we handle and protect your personal data in connection with ATG’s recruiting processes and programs.
By submitting your personal data to us, you acknowledge that:
- you are not required to provide any requested information to us, but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your application for the job for which you have applied;
- all of the information provided are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related information of an adverse nature (providing any false or inaccurate information may make you unqualified for employment); and.
Personal data we collect
We will collect personal data from you when you apply for a role with us. This will include your name, address, contact information, work and educational history, achievements and any other information you choose to provide as part of your application. For certain roles it may also include test results. In addition, we may collect personal data about you from third parties, such as professional recruiting firms and job boards and employment background check providers, to the extent this is permitted by applicable law.
Use of your personal data - We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- to allow us to enter into and/or perform our contract with you;
- to enable us to comply with our legal obligations;
- to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties, provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and/or
protecting your vital interest
We collect and use your personal data for recruitment purposes and business management reasons including:
- identifying and evaluating candidates for potential employment, as well as for future roles that may become available;
- record-keeping in relation to recruiting and hiring;
- ensuring compliance with legal requirements, including diversity and inclusion requirements and practices;
- conducting criminal history checks as permitted by applicable law;
- protecting our legal rights to the extent authorized or permitted by law; or
- emergency situations where the health or safety of one or more individuals may be endangered.
We may wish to retain your personal data to consider you for future employment opportunities. In such an event, you will be notified upon application, either prior to or after you formally apply for a job opportunity.
If you initially apply for an opportunity at ATG, but subsequently wish to withdraw, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not make recruiting or hiring decisions based solely on automated decision-making.
We may disclose or transfer your personal data in the event of a re-organization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, or other transfer or disposition of all or any portion of our business.
If you accept an offer of employment by us, any relevant personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your personnel records and will be retained in accordance with specific requirements which is 6 years after the employee leaves.
If we do not employ you, we may nevertheless continue to retain and use your personal data for a period of time (12 months) to consider you for potential future roles.
Data protection laws provide the following rights:
- to request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"), this enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- to request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- to request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or re-move personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing;
- to request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it;
- to request the transfer of your personal information to another part; and.
- to lodge a complaint about the way in which your personal information is being used to a supervisory authority.
You have the right to object to our use of your personal data, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the extent the processing is based on our legitimate interests. If we receive an objection, then we will stop processing the personal data unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or if the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
To exercise your rights please get in touch with us using the contact details at the end of this policy.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Changes to this policy
Metropress Limited, trading as Auction Technology Group, does not collect personal data via this website. We do however collect personal data in connection with the following websites operated by us.
Privacy policies for each of the above can be found on their websites.