With six leading auction marketplaces, powered by highly scalable auction platform technology, ATG is well positioned to continue to grow by capturing the significant market opportunity driven by the digitalisation of the curated auction industry.
- Leading marketplaces in targeted sectors and geographies enable ATG to benefit from a "virtuous circle" created by increasing numbers of bidders and auctioneers across:
- Industrial & commercial
- Art & antiques
- Consumer surplus & retail returns
- Marketplaces drive network effects with a critical mass of auctioneers, bidders and inventory, establishing ATG as a preferred gateway for curated online auctions.
ATG's leading market position enables the Group to capitalise on major trends:
- The continuing structural shift in the auction industry from offline to online auctions.
- The growing circular economy. ATG plays a central role in facilitating large parts of the circular economy, enabling goods to be reused, recycled and resold, which, in turn, reduces the need for manufacture and waste.
- ATG continually invests to enhance user experience and strengthen its auction platform technology. This supports the growth of auction houses and strengthens the auction industry.
- Provides auctioneers with e-commerce and auction strategy support, marketing and demand generation, and analytics and insights that help them grow their business.
- Auction platform technology serves ATG’s different marketplaces and can scale to support new marketplaces, as well as supporting its white label offering.
- Management team with a broad range of technological, commercial and e-commerce experience combined with a deep understanding of the auction industry.
- A strong track record of growth.
- Capital-light model with strong cash flows and attractive and expanding margins.
- Mix of industry verticals provides cyclically diversified revenue.
- Grow revenue and market share profitably in a large and growing market, with ATG's scalable operating model and proprietary auction technology.
- Grow online share by providing the best proposition to both sides of the marketplace:
- For bidders, provide the largest range of unique and specialised curated secondary market items in the world, along with a steadily more convenient, transparent, and trusted way to buy at auction online.
- For auctioneers, provide the best suite of integrated online technology and services combined with the largest online bidder base to maximise asset sale values.
- Grow revenue by expanding the range of services offered to auctioneers in a more convenient, integrated, and cost-effective way. Providing a one-stop shop for marketplace, white label, and back office technology, as well as digital marketing and business insights.
- Grow the volume of online activity by expanding into new verticals and geographies, and by expanding into new value-added services in the broader auction ecosystem.
- Grow using ATG’s proven ability to unify the fragmented market of service providers to the auction space and integrating them into an efficient end to end offering for auctioneers and bidders.